Physical Therapists, Per Diem, Inpatient and Outpatient
|Capital Health System||Type||Per Diem||Posted||Mar 05, 2019|
|NJ - Central - Pennington||Salary||- n/a -||Starts||- n/a -|
|Referral||- n/a -|
Inpatient - Varied Days and Hours, up to $75/hour for Weekends
Outpatient - Weekdays, No Weekends
Pennington & Trenton, NJ
Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Positions available at Pennington and Trenton, NJ locations.
- Gathers and synthesizes data from patient/family, patient records, direct observation and other healthcare providers.
- Uses appropriate and thorough evaluation techniques and standardized testing as needed.
- Works within the Scope of Services policy for Physical Therapy.
- Develops treatment plans and establishes measurable goals for patients. Implements treatment plan utilizing appropriate treatment procedures, modalities, exercise programs and manual techniques.
- Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in therapies and activities to improve the patient's level of function, facilitate discharge and maximize carryover of home instructions.
- Coordinates care with physicians, nurses, case managers and other CH interdisciplinary team members. Coordinates with healthcare providers and others outside of CH when needed. This includes effective communication and advocacy for patients.
- Ensures documentation is timely, including submission of attendance/charging records ("billing sheets"). Ensures documentation is complete and effective in communicating all essential aspects of care, including evaluation, care, attendance and discharge of the patient.
- Ensures documentation of time spent with patient is accurate and clear, statistical data (such as charging) is accurate and documentation of a patient encounter includes date and time. Ensures documentation of data, questionnaires and surveys measuring patient outcomes is complete, when required.
- Participates in educational opportunities and self-directed learning.
- Participates in committees, special projects, performance improvement (PI) activities and presentations to community, including occasional participation in events outside of work hours as needed.
- Takes responsibility for problems or issues related to patient care or department operations. Attempts to understand various points of view, employs positive problem-solving techniques and works toward full resolution.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing departmental demands. Shifts among campuses to fulfill patient needs, as required.
- Graduation from accredited physical therapy school or education approved by NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- One year of experience preferred with patient populations specific to the position, e.g., acute adult inpatient, adult outpatient, pediatric, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer or typewriter keyboard.
- Physical Therapist license.
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/172206/
Equal Opportunity Employer.