|PT538 - References|
1. Smith DG. Prosthetic rehabilitation and technology: options and advances for seniors. InMotion. 2005;15(6):10-12.
2. Amputation statistics by cause: limb loss in the United States. Amputee Coalition of America Web site. http://www.amputee-coalition.org/fact_sheets/amp_stats_cause.html. Published 2008. Accessed February 16, 2011.
3. Williamson V. Amputations. In: Maher AB, Salmond SW, Pellino TA, eds. Orthopaedic Nursing. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders; 2002:650-673.
4. Bowker JH. Beating the odds against saving the other foot. First Step: A Guide for Adapting to Limb Loss. 2003 ed. Knoxville, TN: Amputee Coalition of America; 2003:56-59.
5. Coccheri S. Approaches to prevention of cardiovascular and other events in diabetes mellitus. Drugs. 2007;67(7):997-1026.
6. Clontz AS, Annomio D, Walker L. Trauma nursing: amputation. RN. 2004;67(7):38-53.
7. The military amputee and the unique characteristics of war injuries. Amputee Coalition of America Web site. http://www.amputee-coalition.org/military-instep/war-injuries.html. Accessed February 16, 2011.
8. Ephraim PL, Wegener ST, MacKenzie EJ, Dillingham TR, Pezzin LE. Phantom pain, residual limb pain, and back pain in amputees: results of a national survey. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005:1910-1919.
9. Phantom pain: definition. Mayo Clinic Web site. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/phantom-pain/DS00444. Accessed February 16, 2011.
10. Lamb K, Cummings M. Musculoskeletal function. In: Luecknenotte AG, ed. Gerontologic Nursing. 2nd ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 2000:749-751.
11. Bowers R. Preventing and caring for the secondary conditions of limb loss. First Step: A Guide for Adapting to Limb Loss. 2003 ed. Knoxville, TN: Amputee Coalition of America; 2003:66-68.
12. Farnsworth T. Trial fitting of upper extremity prostheses. First Step: A Guide for Adapting to Limb Loss. 2003 ed. Knoxville, TN: Amputee Coalition of America; 2003:30-31.
13. Singh N, Armstrong DG, Lipsky BA. Preventing foot ulcers in patients with diabetes. JAMA. 2005:217-226.
14. Freeland AE, Psonak R. Traumatic below-elbow amputations. Orthopedics. 2007;30(2):120-126.
15. Isenberg P. When you are down and troubled: finding emotional support. First Step: A Guide for Adapting to Limb Loss. 2005 ed. Knoxville, TN: Amputee Coalition of America; 2005:32-38.
Kurichi J, Small D, Bates B, et al. Possible incremental benefits of specialized rehabilitation bed units among veterans after lower extremity amputation. Med Care. 2009:47(4):457-465.
Kelly M, Dowling M. Patient rehabilitation following lower limb amputation. Nurs Stand. 2008;22(49):35-40.
Pauley T, Devlin M, Heslin, K. Falls sustained during inpatient rehabilitation after lower limb amputation: prevalence and predictors. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2006;85(6):521-532.
Lin Z. Artificial limb development and the mental rehabilitation of patients undergoing amputation and artificial limb installation. J Clin Rehabil Tissue Eng Res. 2009;13(9):1723-1726.